Friday, March 22, 2013

Napoli In Bocca. Haberfield

Surely there cannot be a person on earth who doesn't like pizza? Although with the advent of crusts overly stuffed with cheese and/or hotdogs (hotdog stuffed pizza crust is an abomination I tell you) and toppings that look like the contents of a compost bin my pizza consumption has dropped off...a lot.


I prefer my pizza simple and that's why the discovery of a place like Napoli In Bocca is a godsend.  Good, simple, honest pizza - just the way the Italian's intended.


I have Megan (from Veggies and Me) to thank for introducing me to this place - she swore it's the best pizza place in Sydney and I think she  may be right (though I'm sure that statement will meet with some contention).



When we came with Megan we ordered all manner of things, but I only had eyes for one pizza upon my return - Patata - a glorsiously flavoursome pizza with a simple topping of potatoes, rosemary, mozzarella, onions and  olive oil ($19.50). The pizza is just a little bit salty which makes it like crack cocaine to me. I ate this whole thing and I would've ordered a second one if I didn't think the waiters would think I'm a pig.



Tara choose to revist the Funghi - tomato, mozzarella and mushrooms ($18.50) - another simple pizza that is perfection, proving once again that less is more.



Napoli in Bocca is at 73 Dalhousie Street, Haberfield. Phone them on 9798 4096.

Napoli in Bocca on Urbanspoon


22 comments:

  1. I love this place! Have been there a few times, but a long time ago. Damn now I feel like pizza!!
    The patata pizza is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've made the patata pizza a few times at home...that's how much I loved it!

      Delete
  2. I've been wanting to try this place for MANY years & have their margherita pizza.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never even heard off until another blogger, Veggies + Me, took a group of us. I've been living on the moon I think.

      Delete
  3. Less is definitely more! Yum! What is in the little bowl, balsamic?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From memory the bowl had a mix of EVVO, balsamic + chili...to drizzle over the pizza...but I didn't want to change the taste of my lovely pizza.

      Delete
  4. Dang, now I want to go back and eat more pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favourite pizza joint this side of Italy. Yep, a bold statement and I stand by it. Love Napoli in Bocca!
    I 'discovered' it a good few years ago when I was very pregnant with my second. Four visits later (in four weeks) and I had finally got my pizza fill. (Let me tell you, squishing in a whole pizza on top of a 39 weeks pregnant belly is nothing to be sneezed at.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a 39 year old food baby in my tummy so I know what you mean! It's a great place...totally unheard of to me until recently. All that lost pizza time - what a shame.

      Delete
  6. One of my favourites Mel - fantastic pizzas that are so authentic. Pretty close as we can get to Naples here in Sydney!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard the pizza in Naples is amazing so I'm glad I got to try something that's almost as good as the real deal.

      Delete
  7. Those pizzas sound heavenly. I've never had potatoes on a pizza though it definitely looks like it's worth trying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's well worth trying - so flavoursome! I think it's the rosemary that does it.

      Delete
  8. i agree, pizza toppings should b simple and not greasy and resemble a compost bin! love authentic italian wood fired pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, that splendid spud pizza has won my heart and has me drooling. And I agree, there ought to be some kind of law against stuffed crust pizza!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stuffed crust is gross. It should be illegal.

      Delete
  10. Love the old skool set-up of Napoli in Boca. And potato pizza is one of the best carb celebrations in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Was there again on Monday night. Yuuummmyyyy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're lucky it's so close to you. Jealous.

      Delete

Thanks for leaving your comment!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Free Blog Template by June Lily