Friday, March 29, 2013

Crazy Wings, Eastwood

Crazy Wings is slowly creeping towards Parramatta with the Chatswood branch closing down and reopening in Eastwood...just a mere 15 minutes by car from my house (depending on who's driving that is).



My love for Crazy Wings is no secret. I feel in love with the spicy cumin-type rub that is liberally applied to chicken wings which are then cooked over Charcoal. Yum. When I went "all free-range" last year I stopped visiting Crazy Wings as I'm pretty sure those crazy wings ain't happy wings if you know what I mean.


It's been about 18 months but WE'RE BACK! I abstain from eating the wings, but The Boy orders two original wings and tells me they are good as he remembers.  I decide to have a go at the tasty cumin-rubbed "crazy Lamb" that is crazily tasty!  There aren't as many ethical issues pertaining to lamb as there are with meat + eggs chooks (and pigs) so I don't feel too guilty lamb (though there are issues which you can read about here).



Are these happy "Crazy Prawns"? I don't know, but they were darn tasty and so crunchy that we ate the tail, shell and head plus all the succulent prawn meat that clung to the skewer. A serve or two of "Crazy Veggies" always goes down a treat, and to be honest they taste just as good as the meat skewers thanks to all the lovely seasoning they are doused in. I love Enoki Mushrooms and the are a must order every visit.



It's been a long time between crazy visits, but hopefully we'll be back soon.  I'm glad to see quite a few veggie options on the menu...perhaps an option for my life beyond "Meat Free Week"?


Crazy Wings is at Shop 1/183-185 Rowe Street, Eastwood.  Phone them on 9858-5883.

15 comments:

  1. is it still opened in the city? and loving the sexy tip jar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, still open in the city. I walked past a few weeks ago and it was there.

      Delete
  2. Everything is on STICKS hehe. I've walked past Crazy Wings a few times in Eastwood but I've never ventured inside - perhaps it is time to walk within those doors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EVERYTHING! I bet the guy who has to thread the enoki is not a happy chappy.

      Delete
  3. Yum! I think there's one in Melbourne, but haven't gotten around to visiting them yet. Lovin' the look of the enoki mushrooms. Mmm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is! We went the other day...not as good as our last visit 2 years ago, but still solid.

      Delete
  4. I never thought I'd say this but those enokis look really yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeeek I still haven't been to the one in Melbourne :( Must try cos I've heard so many good things about them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've heard much about the chain but haven't gone myself. believe it or not the first location i actually saw was melbourne haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is one in Melbourne...but it's not the same chain as Sydney...the names are slightly different = wings vs wing.

      Delete
  7. staff was rude, service was so bad, will suggest friends around that do not go.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comment!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Free Blog Template by June Lily