Monday, March 25, 2013

Balcony Garden: Harvest Monday #19

Since I realized that you don't have to pull the whole shallot out in order to enjoy their bounty we've had a constant supply of shallots out on the balcony.  This is GREAT as often you only need one or two as a garnish and I hate buying a great big bunch of them at the store only to have most of them go unused.


Nowadays we just snip off the shallot towards the base of the plant and within a few days a new shoot is emerging.  Of course I found this out AFTER I made this dish...oh well, you live and you learn.


The Boy and I fell in love with Kecap Manis when we were in Bali last year - we'd have it on our breakfast eggs each morning (is that a really Bogan thing to do)?  Having it at home now reminds us of our wonderful holiday and when I found this recipe for Lemon + Kecap Manis Chicken on fellow blogger Eat Eat Play's website and it looked SO simple that I knew it had my lazy name all over it.


I don't exactly follow the recipe - making this as a stirfry rather than grilling the chicken in the sauce like the recipe suggests (yes, because I'm lazy and I think this way leads to less washing up for The Boy). It still tastes FANTASTIC and it's become a regular of the menu in our house.


You can view more Harvest Monday posts on Daphne's Dandelions blog.

6 comments:

  1. I love easy stir frys! Simple to cook and always tastes delicious :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is really simple - a one pot wonder. My favourite.

      Delete
  2. Simple recipes are always good, especially for lazy weeknight 'I don't want to think or wash up much' dinners

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully I don't have to wash if I cook - but I still want super easy things for school nights.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Me too...they are the best for tired week nights.

      Delete

Thanks for leaving your comment!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Free Blog Template by June Lily