Tuesday, March 06, 2012

MoS Burger, Singapore

After finding The Best Cheeseburger in the World last year at Shake Shack in NYC I was hellbent on giving Japanese Burger chain MOS Burger a whirl whislt in Singaproe as I was convinced I would be embarking on another mind-blowing burger experience.  Sadly the experience was...average at best, but we had this as an afternoon snack so at least I didn't blow any valuable stomach real estate on a so-so burger experience.


The Boy was really keen to try a Peach Fanta which he thoroghly loved. He's on the hunt now to track it down in Sydney he's become such a fan.


I was really wanting to try one of MOS' famous Rice Burgers.  Although Momofuku's David Chang seems to be under the impression Dani Venn from last seasons Masterchef invented the Rice Burger I'm sad to say that Mr Chang is wrong. Rice Burgers were on the menu at MOS long before Dani was a twinkle in Masterchef's beedy little eye.  We tried the Tsukune (aka Chicken) Rice Burger (SGP $3.80) which was...OK, nothing mind blowing, but I did enjoy trying the compressed and fried Rice Cake.


We also bought a Cheeseburger (SGP $2.10) to share. It wasn't too bad - the bun was nice and soft which I think is critical to a "great cheeseburger".  I can't remember if the burger was "with pickle" or not. Hmmm.


I won't be rushing back to MOS Burger anytime soon (seeing as the closest one is on the Gold Coast) but I'm chuffed to have been able to tick this off my Food Bucket List.


On the way out of the shopping center and back to our hotel we spied Best Fries Forever. As I was still filling up my Afternoon Tea Stomach I thought we could fit some in and not impinge on Dinner Stomach room. These were good, bloody good when topped with a melty nacho cheese sauce.


We ate at MOS Burger and Best Fries Forever in the Plaza Singapura shopping centre (68 Orchard Road, Singapore).

17 comments:

  1. They sell peach fanta at asian grocery stores like Miracle or Tokyo Mart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Viv! We found something kinda similar at a Chinese Grocery store in our hood over the weekend, but I think we need to venture to a Japanese store.

      Delete
  2. It would be interesting to try a MOS burger outside of Japan. First thing I noticed was the packaging, wrapped like a normal burger, not presented half open in a basket. I assume due to the table number that you ate in, otherwise I understand the wrapped packaging. I also assume that it would taste slightly different in different countries, just like McDonalds, KFC and Burger King do. Good thing it is off the list :) Next time I am up visiting the oldies on the GC I am going to pop and try :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the fries we ordered at Mos (that I forget to mention - must be slipping) came in a basket...cannot for the life of me remember if the burgers did too. Hmmm.

      Delete
  3. Peach fanta sounds yum! going to try and find some
    In Sydney to try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow. just looking at the nacho cheese blew my mind. makes up for the sad burgers :) oh and i dont think you can get peach fanta here. Im sorry Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Rice burger is the perfect blend of Asian and Western tastes. I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A rice burger - who would of thought? It's pretty interesting. I'd ought to have tried it! I am so wishing to have the oozy nacho cheesey fries right now though, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They have Mos Burger in HK and I've had it before and like you, I didn't really have an 'amazing' experience, it wasn't bad and i think it's creative of them to have the rice burger but it just wasn't that great :( but I guess it's hard to meet our expectations once we've had Shake Shack :P

    The fries make my mouth water!!! I want some NOW! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing is as good as Shake Shack is it...nothing!

      Delete
  8. i had Mos Burger in HK / Japan and wasnt totally blown away... it was good but nothing special. not sure if i'd try the rice burger... i prefer Shake Shack to be honest! the fries are pretty awesome i have to say :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maybe the "Treats from home" shops will have the Peach Fanta? I'd like to give the rice patty a go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, I've not heard of that store...shall have to investigage! Ta.

      Delete
  10. WOW!!! I am liking the rice burger! Great post :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Although Momofuku's David Chang seems to be under the impression Dani Venn from last seasons Masterchef invented the Rice Burger I'm sad to say that Mr Chang is wrong."

    Right on swine sister, we thought the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd love to try a rice burger, looks like it would be very interesting :) at least you got a happy ending!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now I have a destination when I get to the Gold Coast :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comment!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Free Blog Template by June Lily